Studio Press

Just another Blogger Blog

Small Business Server Support

D-Link DP-301U Printer Server

Are you forever doomed to leaving a PC running 24-7 just to share the printer?

Not if you plug a print server into your router, then plug the printer into the server. Then all PCs on your network can tap that inkjet or laser.

This may not sound like a major deal, but trust me: Once you've sampled this kind of setup, you can't go back to old-school printer sharing.

Buy.com has the D-Link DP-301U Printer Server for $19.99 shipped. That's half the usual price and a bargain compared with buying a new, network-compatible printer.

These are new units, not refurbs, and you don't have to deal with any rebates. The DP-301U is compatible with Windows and Mac networks; all you need is a printer that has a USB interface.

Make that a compatible printer. The DP-301U works with most Canon, Epson, HP, and Lexmark models--check D-Link's compatibility list (which to me looks a little out of date--I suspect there are newer printers that will also work) to make sure your model is supported.


Source: CNET

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice blog! Thanks for sharing the best information. This blog is very amazing and helpful for me. Thank you again!!
Dubai VPS

Norton Care said...

love the post!!!
Thank you for your intelligent post and for helping others become more aware. You made more sense than others who speak within this same area of expertise and I am really glad I found your blog-website. I’ve joined your social networks and will keep an eye out for future great posts as well. Additionally, I have shared your site in my social networks as well. Thank you again!
Norton Phone Number Customer Service

iYogi Server Services

Labels